Blog #5
The topics I am most interested in after writing these blogs is the idea of team dynamics within an athletic facility versus a normal gym. I say this because while observing the teams working out in both environments, you can clearly see the differences when it comes to the attitude, the energy, the work ethic etc. Also factoring in the normal staff and students working out as well in the normal gym, I am able to include them into the discussion even though they are not athletes. I’ve chosen this idea over my previous one because it is able to start up multiple arguments over the topic and each side has valid reasons to rebuttal the opposing side. For example, when asking a normal student about athletic facilities and if they should be funded or scrapped, they said “less funding for athletics and more to the school’s community.” They can argue this point by explaining the decline of success athletics has had in previous years. Why would you continue to fund a losing team?
It makes sense, but however that argument can be fired right back upon. If all athletic teams were supposed to lift in one tiny gym, how much good work would actually be done? Would it just bring down the work ethic of athletes and make them worse? That is why I chose this topic. If done right, I think this could be set up right for a research topic and argument piece. By going more in depth with the observations by branching out to other schools to find similar findings and asking more questions, a more concise understanding of why athletic facilities are important to a colleges athletics.
No comments:
Post a Comment