Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Blog #1

Blog #1


The space I have decided to observe is the athletic facilities on college campuses. In my opinion I feel like as an athlete the type of facilities available to you are important and can sometimes make or break if you decide to go to that university. Athletic facilities most of the time are strictly for athletes and that is for a number of reasons. One reason is it allows athletes to workout away from regular students, letting them build up their bodies for the upcoming season. For athletes this is an asset that they use frequently. But for non-athletes, it comes as a little annoying for some. While there is an open gym on campus, and it has a good array of workout equipment, everyone can go there. People on and off campus, athletes and staff, it can become crowded at times.
In the eyes of some students, additional buildings for just athletes seems unfair and should be pulled and changed for some students. Listening to the different opinions and sides from each group I question, I hear different answers. It intrigues me to learn what the student body thinks about certain aspects of athletics. In college, the cultural relationship between students and athletes are strong in most parts. But there are some unspoken problems between the two groups that are not as apparent. Finding out what it is drives me to do more research about it, talk about it with other people, and coming to an overall conclusion.
The main thing I am planning to observe for my studies is the work ethic and drive of normal students, male athletes, and female athletes inside a normal gym environment versus them training inside the athletic facilities. Things I am looking for would be the energy in the room obviously, the condition of the rooms from the equipment to the amount of people occupying the room at once. Also I am looking to see the differences of team dynamics between male and female athletes. Observing each group closely I am sure to figure out some answers to my questions.
One of Pace's Athletic Facilities 

Football Field

No comments:

Post a Comment